Texas Invoice Guard™s Statute of Limitations
Below you will find important information on Texas state debt recovery laws including: Texas Statutes, Judgments, Garnishments, Interest Rates, and Bad Check Laws.
- Legal: 6%
- Agreement: can charge up to 18%
- No Agreement: statuory interest of 6% begins to run 30th day after becoming due
- Judgment: 8.25% (effective 2007) Always consult cousel to charge interst – Texas has very onerous usury laws & penalties.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS)
- Open Account: 4
- Written Contract: 4
- Promissory Note: 6
- Domestic Judgment: 10 Renewable
- Foreign Judgment: 10 Renewable
BAD CHECK LAWS (CIVIL PENALTY)
GENERAL GARNISHMENT EXEMPTIONS
100% of wages.
Sign Up Now
Fixed Rate Collections makes it a common practice to speak directly with any potential clients wishing to gain access to the Fixed Rate Collections debt collection network. To get the signup process started, please fill out the form below and we will contact you within 12 business hours, or you may contact us immediately at 1-321-319-4131