California Invoice Guard™s Statute of Limitations
Below you will find important information on Following is some important information on California state debt recovery laws including: California Statutes, Judgments, Garnishments, Interest Rates, and Bad Check Laws.
- Legal: 10%
- Judgment: 10% (Unless otherwise contracted)
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (IN YEARS)
- Open Account: 2 (no writing)
- Open Account: 4 (reduced to writing)
- Written Contract: 4
- Domestic Judgment: 10 (renewable at 10)
- Foreign Judgment: 10 (commencing with judgment debtor’s commencement of CA residence.)
BAD CHECK LAWS (CIVIL PENALTY)
Amount due, treble damages – minimum $100 maximum $1500 per check.
GENERAL GARNISHMENT EXEMPTIONS
See federal law. Exemptions for necessaties of life.
*California is a community property state
Sign Up Now
Fixed Rate Collections makes it a common practice to speak directly with any potential clients wishing to gain access to the Fixed Rate Collections debt collection network. To get the signup process started, please fill out the form below and we will contact you within 12 business hours, or you may contact us immediately at 1-321-319-4131